Thursday, July 26, 2018

Judith Gopnick


What I like about Judith from A Serious Man is how unaware she seems to be that she's just shattered her husband Larry's world, to the point where she gets annoyed and impatient with him. She may not be the most likeable character but she's certainly entertaining (well not for Larry).There's a temptation to draw her much 'cleaner' since she's always quite together and well kempt but I think the roughness echoes the chaos she's bringing to Larry's life (also I'm trying to keep my drawings as loose and lively as I can, so there's also that...).
What I like about Judith from A Serious Man is how unaware she seems to be that she's just shattered her husband, Larry's, world. Unaware to the point where she gets annoyed and impatient with him. She may not be the most likeable character but she's certainly entertaining (well not for Larry).
 There's a temptation to draw her much 'cleaner' since she's always quite together and well kempt but I think the roughness echoes the chaos she's bringing to Larry's life (also I'm trying to keep my drawings as loose and lively as I can, so there's also that...).

More @ Patreon

No comments:

Post a Comment